Saturday, November 08, 2008

20 MILE RUN

Ran 20 miles this morning. First time to run that distance since the marathon last year. I felt surprisingly good.

My right knee cap has been giving me some small pain issues on the tail end of my long runs (17 or longer). During the 17 it started in mile 16. During the 18 it started at 17. And today it started at 19. I guess that's a good sign. It doesn't make me run any slower...just a little uncomfortable.

I was never really in any amount of pain at all during the run, which is rare. Usually you're wanting a car to run you over after about 2 hours.

I'm still nervous that I won't be able to run 6.2 more miles. I'm planning to run 21 in two weeks.

I also think it's very mental. I remember thinking last year that "there was no way I could run 11 more miles"...etc.

I've got to take it in stages...two or three miles at a time and not let my mind wander.

I took a 1/2 serving of Infinit at 12 miles and took the last sip at 14...that's all I took in the whole run and felt great.

There was no wind today which was good, but was it ever cold. My hands were burning then numb until about the 13 mile mark.

Feet giving little twinges of pain underneath, but nothing that doesn't work itself out. Other than that, no pain whatsoever in any part of my body...except that knee cap thing.

Just a few weeks to go...

1 Comments:

At 9:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're right on schedule, although I still think you're insane. You better update your profile before Roger reads it. He will be very sad. Talk to you soon. dad

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home