Wednesday, November 26, 2008

21 MILE SUCCESS

Quick marathon training update:

I ran 21 miles on Saturday and was able to break my all-time 4-mile record today. Needless to say my body feels really good.

During my 21 miler, I started off very slow to see if I could catch up to my pace and finish fast. I was about a minute slow at the 7 mile mark, caught up by 11 and crossed the 20 mile mark faster than I ever have before. Then I ran an extra mile just to prove to myself that I could do it...since that's where I faltered last year.

I ran that last mile in 7:21 - 17 seconds faster than my pace.

If I can do that on December 14, I'll just need to run the final 5.2 miles in about 42 minutes...which should be really easy.

This week I ran 5 miles on Monday, swam yesterday and ran 4 miles this morning on the Plano track. I ran a 24:41 - my fastest 4 miler ever.

It was good to be out on the Plano campus. That track brings back a lot of old memories. Like when I used to throw up after running sprints...

Less than three weeks away...

Gregg and I are planning to run our 12 miler at White Rock on Saturday. I'm looking forward to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home