Friday, April 23, 2010

CF/TRADITIONAL "HYBRID" PROGRAM - WEEK 2

Since I can't do CF this week, I've decided to revert back to my Traditional Half IM program until my back is ready...

Monday:
PT at 6:45 AM. Pool work, ice, e-stim, heat, stretching. Feeling better. Bought a Tens unit (portable e-stim) that I can use at home...I'm hooked up to it right now. I use it at work, in the morning, at night. Think it'll be a good investment.

Ran 30 minutes (or about 4.5 miles). Supposed to teach RPM but I had to watch my daughter tonight so I got a sub and ran instead. Planned CF rest day.

Tuesday:
Supposed to do a combination DL, pull-up WOD. Didn't do that b/c of the back. Swam 2300 yards at the State Street YMCA. Working on TI (Total Immersion) swimming form. Completely changing my technique and mentality in the water.

Wednesday:
Did 5:35 AM RPM class. Back felt OK.

PT 6:45 AM. Same program. Supposed to Row 500 then 135 lb thrusters x 7 (five rounds)...yeah right. Planned to do 6x800s (run) today.

Thursday:
Supposed to do rep max on clean, bench and OHS...yeah right. Also supposed to swim a 10 minute TT.
Did the 800s today. Did them all <3 minutes.
Swam about 3000 meters. New technique not clicking yet. Going to take some work. Have to remember to BREATHE!!!

Friday:
PT 645 AM. Same program. Feeling better.
Did an RPM class at home on my indoor trainer. MUCH harder on the trainer than on the body bikes at the health club.

Originally planned to run 6x400s.

Saturday:
Planned to bike 2 hours and CF WOD (7x1 back squat). Raining, so I ran about 1:05 instead. Think I went about 8.5 miles. Miserable run in the rain. Ugh...

Sunday:
Originally planned to CF WOD (10' HSPU, 5' SQ, 2' PULL, 1' PUSH) and swim 3200.
Instead took a rest day.

OK week. Feeling better. May try and scale back in tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home